I've been the CEO at the IC since August 2016.
In my previous roles as a strategist, culture consultant and futures researcher, I specialised in researching and consulting to and about the cultural sector.
I am one of the co-authors of the 2104 CSIRO report "Innovation Study: Challenges and Opportunities for Australia’s Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums" which used foresight methods as a way to integrate perceptions of the chief challenges facing the GLAM sector in Australia.
I have held senior research roles at Queensland University of Technology in the Smart Services CRC, at NICTA (now Data61) and I spent ten years working in collaboration and social media research at the Enterprise Distributed Systems CRC.
I have a PhD in Computer Science from the University of Queensland.
Here are some publications that had an impact from my time in research –
- Mansfield, Tim, et al. "Innovation study: challenges and opportunities for Australia’s galleries, libraries, archives and museums." (2014).
- Fitzpatrick, Geraldine, Simon Kaplan, and Tim Mansfield. "Physical spaces, virtual places and social worlds: A study of work in the virtual." Proceedings of the 1996 ACM conference on Computer supported cooperative work. 1996.
- Robertson, Toni, Tim Mansfield, and Lian Loke. "Designing an immersive environment for public use." Proceedings of the ninth conference on Participatory design: Expanding boundaries in design-Volume 1. 2006.
- Rittenbruch, Markus, Gregor McEwan, Nigel Ward, Tim Mansfield, and Dominik Bartenstein. "Extreme participation-moving extreme programming towards participatory design." In Participatory Design Conference (PDC 2002), pp. 29-41. 2002.
- Ramos, Jose, Tim Mansfield, and Gareth Priday. "Foresight in a network era: Peer-producing alternative futures." Journal of Futures Studies 17.1 (2012): 71-90.
You can see the rest of my publication record at Google Scholar.
This video is an interview with Pili from the IC from when I was a futures researcher, before I became CEO of the IC.